Rookery House & Park  - Erdington, Birmingham

Rookery House Restoration (Erdington) Ltd & Business in the Community

Rookery House which is situated in Rookery Park, Kingsbury Road, Erdington, in North Birmingham, was built circa 1724/5 and is a white three storied Georgian mansion with a slated roof that contains some 36 rooms, with some Victorian additions including a number of outbuildings referred to in this plan as the Stables. The house is a Grade II listed building and contains plaster and timber mouldings, cast iron mouldings, unfurled Doric Columns at the entrance, and decorative columns in the ‘Ball Room’. Rookery House has, via the granddaughter of the original owner, associations with William Wilberforce whose actions led to the abolition of slavery in Britain.

We have undertaken to develop concept designs for the restoration, extension and re use of Rookery House with proposals for an Eco House development to the land formerly utilized by BCC as a Highways Maintenance yard.